"Living a truly ethical life, putting the needs of others first, and providing for their happiness has tremendous implications for society." -Dalai Lama

"Peace requires the simple but powerful recognition that what we have in common as human beings is more important and crucial than what divides us." -Sargent Shriver

Thursday, September 2, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

As my departure date gets closer, the reality that I am going to be gone for two years is really setting in.  I feel like I am about to jump out of a plane and just hope my parachute opens.  I know very little about what to expect which makes me even more anxious about this process.  I am starting to realize how much I will go without over the next 27 months and thought I would share some of those with you (mainly because I am bored and just sitting thinking these depressing thoughts):

1. My family                                14. The cooking channel
2. My friends                               15. Visiting Freedom, OK
3. My pets                                    16. My Pledge Class
4. Text messaging                        17. Chick-fil-a
5. Frozen yogurt                           18. Oklahoma State University Homecoming!!
6. Movies                                      19. Electricity
7. Barnes and Noble                     20. Running water
8. Internet Shopping                      21. "Date nights" with my little brother
9. Tailgating                                  22. The lake
10. College Football                      23. Thanksgiving
11. Astro's Baseball                       24. Pina Colada night with my sisters
12. Driving
13. Murphy's hot hamburger (if you haven't been there you need to visit Bartlesville, OK and discover the awesomeness)


These are just a few that I've been thinking about, but what I need to remind myself is how many new things I will have the opportunity to experience and the lives I will touch.  When I think about the difference I can make it makes it a little easier to say goodbye to these things for that time.

2 comments:

  1. and as much as I hate that you are leaving and will be without this stuff.. it will all be waiting for you when you get back!! love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...text messaging, murphy's hot hamburgers, and no electricity....that's pretty painful...

    but chick-fil-a sucks...you'll live without them just fine, lol...

    ReplyDelete