"Living a truly ethical life, putting the needs of others first, and providing for their happiness has tremendous implications for society." -Dalai Lama

"Peace requires the simple but powerful recognition that what we have in common as human beings is more important and crucial than what divides us." -Sargent Shriver

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Jet Setting...

So today was the big day that we have all been looking forward to/dreading for so long.  I left.  My entire family took off of work and school to see me off at the airport.  Saying goodbye to them may have been the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.  If you know me at all you know that I do not cry.  Well that changed today...I cried all the way through security, all the way to the gate, and until be took off.  Then I passed out.  What made it even worse was that it was the smallest plane EVER!  I was the only chair in my row and then there were only 2 chairs across the aisle from me, my knees touched the back of the chair in front on me, and the flight attendant brushed me every time she walked past.  In other words, the entire plane could see me blubber.
So after finishing up my sob-fest, I woke up when we were landing in Chicago.  I get off the plane and hike what felt like 7 miles with bags that felt like they were about 50 pounds.  It was great.  I finally made it to my gate, VICTORY.  Just as a find a chair to sit down, they come over the loud speaker and say that there has been a change of gates.  I then have to drag myself all the way down to the opposite end of the terminal.  When I get there, I sit and and realize the plane is delayed, so I decide to pull out my computer and watch Modern Family Season 1 (which I just got for the plane!!).  During this process, they switch the gate again.  All in all Chicago is not my favorite.
I finally get into Philadelphia, collect my bags, and in the process meet some people in my group.  We then venture onto the death trap they call a shuttle and make it to the hotel.  My friend from college, Elizabeth, was waiting there when I rolled in!  It was such a relief to see her friendly face and go have dinner with her.  All in all its been an eventful day and I am completely worn out.  I have no idea what to expect tomorrow, but think I am ready for whatever comes.

1 comment:

  1. you will have the time of your life and do great!! as hard as yesterday was for all of us.. (we all cried a lot too!!) you have a great adventure ahead of you and once we get skype and everything set up, it wont be a biggie! love you tons!!!

    ReplyDelete