"Living a truly ethical life, putting the needs of others first, and providing for their happiness has tremendous implications for society." -Dalai Lama

"Peace requires the simple but powerful recognition that what we have in common as human beings is more important and crucial than what divides us." -Sargent Shriver

Monday, August 23, 2010

Travel Plans

So I've been working on buying everything to live overseas for 2 years (don't worry, there's a final packing list coming soon.)  This weekend, the solar charger I ordered arrived.  Before anyone realized that it had been delivered, our black lab and husky mix found and, tore open the package, and drug all the parts all over our front field.  In the description of their product, Solio brags about the durability of their products.  This was definitely proven.  My very sweet little brother hopped on the four wheeler and hunted down every tiny piece over an area of a couple acres.  After putting the charger in the sun for a couple hours to charge up, it miraculously worked!  So for anyone needing a solar charger, check out Solio products! They are even dog-proof!

 Today though, I got my final email from the Peace Corps sending me last minute papers and travel arrangement information.  The email told me that my staging dates have been pushed back to September 22.  After calling the travel people, it turns out that there are not any flights that can get me in before meetings start on the 22nd so I'm actually flying in on the 21st.  This should work out great though!  My friend Elizabeth is actually moving to Philadelphia soon so I will hopefully get to see her and hang out before I ship out!  I can't believe I am leaving so soon, but am getting so excited!!

Maisha merefu! Afya! Vifijo!
(Good Health)

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment