"Living a truly ethical life, putting the needs of others first, and providing for their happiness has tremendous implications for society." -Dalai Lama

"Peace requires the simple but powerful recognition that what we have in common as human beings is more important and crucial than what divides us." -Sargent Shriver

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Things I Miss When I'm Sick In Africa...

So I've got something funky going on with my sinuses right now.  I am calling the Peace Corps doctors tomorrow to find out what medicines to go get, but in the meantime, I'll just lay in bed, thinking about all the things that feeling like this makes me miss. Here goes:

1. My Mom
2. Real Pharmacies and doctors I can trust
3. A bath
4. Ice cream
5. People understanding that when I am sick, I want to be left alone
6. Making soup without having to light the kerosene stove
7. America's Next Top Model marathons
8. My duck blanket
9. Sonic Blue Coconut Slushy
10. Ritz Crackers
11. Decongestants
12. REAL KLEENEX

Thats pretty much it for right now.  Sorry about the pity-party, but I would sell me kidney for a Sonic Slushy right now!! Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment